The Survey Prep Process
Patton Healthcare Consulting provides survey preparation for accreditors such as TJC, ACHC, DNV, AAAHC, CIHQ, and more that includes onsite mock surveys and education and training programs. Tailored to your organization’s unique services and size, these onsite preparation services are designed to mirror your anticipated agenda and survey.
During the preparation process, we provide the following services:
- Assesses your compliance with applicable standards manuals using the “tracer” methodology
- Deliver a written and referenced report using a color-coded safety risk matrix to help you identify and prioritize non-compliant findings
- Provide advice and examples on necessary changes to ensure the organization meets current compliance standards
- Educate your staff and provide real time feedback on how to effectively showcase compliance to the survey team
Daily Agenda, Closing Conference, Action Plan/Report
Prior to our onsite arrival, Patton works with your team to establish a daily agenda of mock survey activities based on your priorities and action items. On the final day, our consultants will hold a concluding conference with client leadership in order to summarize their findings. This includes:
- Reviewing significant gaps, risk points and risk levels in your organization’s readiness for survey
- Detailing significant priorities and the required milestones to correct what was observed
- Submitting a final recommendation report and providing action plans for survey preparation one week following the on-site visit
We provide the final report in a ready-to-present PDF for leadership and an excel document formatted as a work plan, using a color coded safety risk matrix to help you achieve and maintain compliance. In fact, many of our clients use the final report to assign corrective action to staff and use the document to track completion and ongoing compliance.
Patton consultants provide ad hoc education during tracers as a routine part of our mock surveys and preparation. This education focuses on practical implementation suggestions and action items uncovered during the visit.
In addition, we can provide formal classroom training for client staff. Many organizations find that an education program, conducted on the final day of the engagement, allows their staff to learn more about the frequently scored standards, new standards, and success strategies they can implement. This setting allows your staff to query our consultants on their specific concerns and draw upon their experience with other organizations.