Ernest Allen, ARM, CSP, CPHRM, CHFM
Life Safety Code Consultant
40 years of healthcare experience including:
- Safety & Security Director of 500 bed hospital in Cleveland, Ohio
- Risk Management positions with Chubb Insurance, OHIC Insurance Company, The Doctors Company.
- Joint Commission Life Safety Surveyor, November 2004 – November 2005
- Private Life Safety Consultant to hospitals ranging in size from 25 beds to 1,000+ beds
- Mr. Allen has experience in Joint Commission, HFAP, DNV, and CMS standards and compliance requirements
- Technical Committee Member of NFPA 110 for Emergency Power Supply Systems from 1990 to 2021. This is the code for installation, maintenance, and testing of emergency generators used in healthcare facilities.
- Speaker over 10 years in a row at EC Summit Seminars of Decision Health and frequent speaker on webinars reviewing Life Safety and Environment of Care
- Frequent contributor to HCPro Healthcare Safety Leader and member of Editorial Advisory Board
- ASHE (American Society of Healthcare Engineers) March 2019 Presentation on Ligature Risks at Professional Development Conference in Phoenix
- NOSHE (Northern Ohio Society of Healthcare Engineers) – several presentations including Life Safety, Ligature Risks and What is Wrong with this Photo in 2019.
Ernie is a Certified Safety Professional and has his Associate in Risk Management from the Insurance Institute of America. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Safety from Central State University of Missouri. He is also a Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management and a Certified Healthcare Facility Manager.