Which healthcare workers are mandated to receive the COVID vaccination?
Based on the recent CMS memo, the following healthcare workers are mandated to receive the COVID vaccine:
- Staff and physicians that have patient contact and staff that have contact with other coworker staff
- Volunteers, board members, and contractors who perform services at the healthcare site
- Construction workers who will be onsite for multiple days, using public restrooms, the cafeteria or staff break rooms
But, there are exemptions. For example, the mandate doesn’t apply to:
- Staff who work remotely from home 100% of the time
- “Ad hoc” contractors who comes in to repair an elevator
- Staff with sincere religious beliefs
- Staff with medical contraindications
See our Patton Post issue for more information on these requirements.